Monday, August 5, 2013

July Books

I've always loved reading, but I've never been a very quick reader.  However, I read four books in July!  That's a big deal for me.  I'm not sure if I should attribute that to my kindle, joblessness, or a 4-day road trip, but either way, I'm proud of it.

The Swan House by Elizabeth Musser
Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Insurgent by Veronica Roth

I loved The Swan House.  I'd pinned this book on Pinterest awhile ago, but then ran across it at a bookstore a few months back when Grayson was perusing (read: spending way more time than he'd actually admit) the "Programming Languages" section.  I sat down in the aisle at the bookstore & read the first few chapters, but then didn't pick it up again until we were at the beach.  Reminded me a little bit of Christy, which is one of my all-time favorites.

Hinds' Feet on High Places is one of my mom's favorites that she rereads every few years, but I'd never read it.  It's a short book, but not necessarily an easy read.  It's an allegorical story of Much Afraid's (the main character) journey to the high places, accompanied by her companions Sorrow & Suffering. 

Divergent & Insurgent were both really good & easy reads.  Divergent is being made into a movie that comes out next spring, so I wanted to have read the books before then.  Can't wait for the next one to come out in October!

I have an Amazon wish list a mile long of books I hope to read, but am always open to more suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment