Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Book Love Lately

With some extra time while I'm still looking for a job, I've gotten to do lots of reading.  These are the books I've read in the past few months...



The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
I've heard so many people talk about this book, so I decided I needed to read it.  It was an easy read & was entertaining, but wasn't my favorite.  It's an interesting plot...a love story of two terminally ill teens...but obviously that can get kind of depressing.

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
Typical Nicholas Sparks.  I love to read his books because they don't require much & they're almost always easy to read because they captivate you from the very beginning.  I'd already seen the movie, but still wanted to read the book.  This is one that makes it easy to like the book & the movie.  My favorite of Sparks' books are the ones that combine a love story with a thriller kind of plot.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
I didn't love this book.  It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't really very exciting to me.  I know a lot of people are reading it because the movie's coming out soon, but it wasn't my favorite.

The Sweetest Thing by Elizabeth Musser
This is one of my new favorite books.  I read Swan House by Elizabeth Musser over the summer & loved it.  I loved this one even more.  Musser is definitely one of my new favorite authors & now I want to read everything she's written!  A beautiful story of friendship set in Atlanta during the Great Depression.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I think this is the first time I ever bought a book on the day it came out.  I read Divergent & Insurgent a few months ago & have been excited for Allegiant ever since then.  No spoilers, but I thought it wrapped up well, even if not the way I necessarily would've chosen.  [I read here that Veronica Roth is a Christian, & I can see that in much of the storyline even though they are secular books.  However, the books are marketed to young teens & I think a few things could have been left out if they are to be read by that age.]

No comments:

Post a Comment