Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekend at Yosemite

Grayson & I have talked about going to Yosemite ever since we moved.  It's only about 3 hours from us!  While we're living here, we want to do & see & go as many places as we can.  Right now, any vacation money we have will probably be spent on trips back to Georgia, so we want to do as many mini-vacations & weekend trips as we can.


Last week I started looking into going to Yosemite & realized that if we wanted to, we only had about a week to do so since most of the park roads are closed from November-May because of the snow.  Seemed like the perfect time (especially since it just re-opened after the government shutdown 2 days before).  We'd planned on just leaving early Saturday morning & going for the day, but now I'm glad Grayson suggested just finding an inexpensive place to stay near the park because there was so much more to see than we even knew about.  


We got to the park Saturday morning & first drove Tioga Road.  It takes you through a big portion of the park, so we spent several hours doing that.  After that, we went to Bridalveil Falls & Yosemite Valley, & didn't leave the park until it was dark.  Saw this great sunset on the way out!


Sunday morning we drove back to the park & headed up into the mountains to Washburn & Glacier Point.  Then we took a hike up to Sentinel Dome where you have a beautiful 360 of the park.  After that we drove back down into Yosemite Valley & spent some time there.


We left as the sun was setting (Grayson pulled off the road multiple times because I had to have a picture of this sunset).


I tell Grayson that he has a severe case of wanderlust.


I thought I was a goer & a doer, but he is even more so than I am.  But I love that about him.  I love his need for adventure (& that he wants me along for the adventures!).


I do things that I never thought I would do, & go places that I never thought I would go.  It reminds me of that opening scene in While You Were Sleeping when Lucy is telling about her father giving her mother the globe & how, in her mind, he gave her the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment