Friday, October 18, 2013

God is bigger than a resume.

This morning I was reading about Solomon (part of the new She Reads Truth James study plan) in 1 Kings.  He tells God, "And now, O Lord my God, You have made me Your servant king in place of David my father, although I am but a little child.  I do not know how to go out or come in" (1 Kings 3:7).

Solomon was only a twenty-something at the time.  He was not qualified.  He had no experience.  But he was God's chosen king.

Right now, in the midst of a job search, but during so many other times in life, I've felt less-than-qualified.  We all have felt that way, as though we are not equipped for whatever lies ahead of us.  And the truth is, we're not.  We're not enough.  We're not qualified.  We're not experienced.  But God is.  God is bigger than a resume.  He more than makes up for our lack of qualifications or experience.  He is always more than enough. 


We have to believe that it is not only okay, but pleasing (1 Kings 3:10) to God when we ask for His help.  Asking for His wisdom & guidance in situations & believing that He can & will come through for us brings glory to Him.

Later in that passage God answers Solomon's prayer for wisdom, "behold, I now do according to your word.  Behold, I give you a wise and discerning mind, so that none like you has been before you & none like you shall arise after you.  I give you also what you have not asked, both riches & honor, so that no other king shall compare with you, all your days" (1 Kings 3:12-13).  God didn't just answer Solomon's prayer.  He gave him exceedingly more than he had even asked for because He was so pleased with his asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment