Friday, April 18, 2014

Life Lately, In Photos

I haven't had much of interest to say here lately, but here's a little glimpse of the past week.

Last Friday night was a perfect date night...our favorite sushi place & then Divergent!  I wasn't expecting much from the movie, & when you have a book to compare to they almost always disappoint.  I was pleasantly surprised though & we both thought it was really good!


Our little box of herbs we planted a month or so ago are really growing now & we're finally getting to use some!  Last night we had this orzo & added grape tomatoes & some of our dill...definitely a new favorite!  Tonight we're having my favorite tacos for dinner, topped with our own cilantro. 

 

While we're on the subject of food, I made these cinnamon rolls a week or so ago, but substituted Cookie Butter for Nutella (because unlike everyone else on earth, I can't stand Nutella) & they were delicious & really easy.


To continue my recent flower craze, I bought some sunflowers last week & spent probably an hour photographing them...


This past week was Seeley's 3rd birthday.  She didn't enjoy the celebration nearly as much as I wanted her to.  Imagine that.  A cat not wanting to wear a party hat...


I always have to have some kind of project going on...here's yesterday's.  I was pretty happy with how it turned out, & it was really cheap to make!


One of the best perks this week: a tube of my favorite lipstick.  I got the beso for Christmas & love it, but I needed a more everyday color, so I got the dolce & love it.  I'll probably never buy another kind of lipstick again.  This stuff stays on all day, isn't sticky, & it doesn't hurt that it smells like icing!


Last night we went to one of our favorite parks around here to take some pictures.  Every time we go, there's the most perfect sunset.


 And we saw baby geese!


That's about it...ready for Easter weekend!  A little odd this year because we have no plans for Easter other than church.  But we'll find a way to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment