Monday, March 17, 2014

Welcome, Sunshine!

The past few days have been little tastes of summer & I've loved that.  Some of those little bits of sunshine & summertime...

I love days when I can open the windows or sit outside & paint.  And summer means lots of color!


Saturday afternoon we made homemade lemonade & drove to Santa Cruz.  


We'd never been to the Boardwalk there, so we went & rode the "Sky Glider," where we could get some good pictures.


I love this one where you can see the fog coming in over the ocean.
 

After that we drover over to Pleasure Point to watch the surfers for awhile.


Today after church we went to the nursery to look for a new watering can.  Our herbs are finally starting to really go!  I say our, but the term is used very loosely...they're Grayson's babies.  I just get to look at them, & soon, eat them!


I've never really cared that much about plants, but I wanted everything at that nursery.  I do want to get some hanging baskets to put on our balcony, but I really can't wait until we can actually have a yard & plant things.  Especially in California, since fruits grow so well!


I loved this weekend of sunshine.  I love winter & cold weather, but after a taste of summer, I'm ready to welcome it with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment