Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 Favorites

As kind of a year in review (& because I think this will be fun to look back on a year from now), I thought I'd make a list of some of my favorites from this year.  Not necessarily things that came out this year, but things I discovered & loved during 2013.

Books
I got a kindle & rekindled (yep) my love for reading this year.  I got it in July & read 14 books since then.  I haven't read that much since middle school (& I think I've managed to take a step up from Babysitters Club & Lurlene McDaniel).  Favorites that I read this year:
  • The Swan House by Elizabeth Musser
  • Divergent (whole series) by Veronica Roth
  • The Sweetest Thing by Elizabeth Musser (one of my new all-time favorites)
  • Cape Refuge (series) by Terri Blackstock
  • Hinds Feet On High Places by Hanna Hurdard

TV & Movies
  • We started watching Chicago Fire this year & are addicted.  It's by far been our favorite of the year.  We also loved the Following!
  • The Impossible & Catching Fire.  Nothing else even came close to those two.
Songs
  • Oceans by Hillsong (the whole Zion album really)
  • Forever Like That by Ben Rector
  • Beneath the Waters by Hillsong
  • Clear the Stage by Jimmy Needham
  • Dead Sea by The Lumineers
  • Crown Him by Chris Tomlin (whole Burning Lights album...)
  • anything Taylor Swift (especially when performed by Grayson Carr)
  • We Both Know
  • Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen (really can't help it...it's catchy...)
  • Wrap Your Arms Around Me by Gareth Dunlop

No comments:

Post a Comment